The Kings Cross Community Centre is staffed on Tuesdays to Fridays, between 10am and 4pm. You can contact them by ringing 9357 2164.
The Centre continues to operate its home-delivery shopping service. For further details, phone 9357 2164
We are resuming our weekly bus excursions on 10 November 2021 and our weekly assisted shopping on 9 November 2021.
If the matter is VERY URGENT, the Coordinator can be contacted on Monday, on 0401 956 822.
* * *
The Kings Cross Community Centre’s services include:
- Shopping service for people who are housebound, frail, aged or with disabilities
- Weekly shopping bus with assisted service
- Bus excursions
- Access to fax, phone, photocopier and computers
- Information and referral services
- Walking groups in partnership with the Heart Foundation
- Talks, information and discussion sessions
- Volunteer visiting service to frail, aged or housebound people
- Advocacy services (e.g. for tenants who may be facing eviction or those dealing with Housing NSW)
- Assistance with completing forms, applications and letter writing
- Monthly newsletter, The Informer
- Weekly Book Sale
- ‘Poste Restante’ service to provide people, especially the homeless, with a confidential postal box address for the receipt of mail
- Films screened by the Kings Cross Film Society
- Support for other community groups
There are also special and one-off events throughout the year when the Centre provides catering and entertainment for members and guests, including our annual Christmas Lights tour.