Due to the continued spread of the coronavirus, the Kings Cross Community Centre Is temporarily CLOSED.
However, Kings Cross Community Centre staff can be contacted on Wednesday (10am-4pm) and Thursday (10am-4pm) by ringing 9357 2164.
In addition, the Centre continues to operate its home-delivery shopping service. For further details, phone 9357 2164.
* * *
The Kings Cross Community Centre’s services include:
- Shopping service for people who are housebound, frail, aged or with disabilities
- Weekly shopping bus with assisted service
- Bus excursions
- Access to fax, phone, photocopier and computers
- Information and referral services
- Walking groups in partnership with the Heart Foundation
- Talks, information and discussion sessions
- Volunteer visiting service to frail, aged or housebound people
- Advocacy services (e.g. for tenants who may be facing eviction or those dealing with Housing NSW)
- Assistance with completing forms, applications and letter writing
- Monthly newsletter, The Informer
- Weekly Jumble Sale and Book Sale
- Classes including Jewellery Making
- ‘Poste Restante’ service to provide people, especially the homeless, with a confidential postal box address for the receipt of mail
- Free Justice of the Peace Service, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10am-1pm
- Films screened by the Kings Cross Film Society in partnership with the Kings Cross Arts Guild
- Support for other community groups
There are also special and one-off events throughout the year when the Centre provides catering and entertainment for members and guests, including our annual Christmas Lights tour.