Due to the continued spread of the coronavirus, the Kings Cross Community Centre
is only staffed on Wednesdays and Thursdays, between 10am and 4pm.
You can contact them by ringing 9357 2164.
In addition, the Centre continues to operate its home-delivery shopping service.
For further details, phone 9357 2164
If the matter is VERY URGENT, the Coordinator can be contacted
on Monday, Tuesday and Friday, on 9332 4223.
* * *
The Kings Cross Community Centre’s services include:
- Shopping service for people who are housebound, frail, aged or with disabilities
- Weekly shopping bus with assisted service
- Bus excursions
- Access to fax, phone, photocopier and computers
- Information and referral services
- Walking groups in partnership with the Heart Foundation
- Talks, information and discussion sessions
- Volunteer visiting service to frail, aged or housebound people
- Advocacy services (e.g. for tenants who may be facing eviction or those dealing with Housing NSW)
- Assistance with completing forms, applications and letter writing
- Monthly newsletter, The Informer
- Weekly Jumble Sale and Book Sale
- Classes including Jewellery Making
- ‘Poste Restante’ service to provide people, especially the homeless, with a confidential postal box address for the receipt of mail
- Free Justice of the Peace Service, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10am-1pm
- Films screened by the Kings Cross Film Society in partnership with the Kings Cross Arts Guild
- Support for other community groups
There are also special and one-off events throughout the year when the Centre provides catering and entertainment for members and guests, including our annual Christmas Lights tour.